Translations into Sanskrit

donovevs@libero.it donovevs at LIBERO.IT
Thu Mar 19 16:57:31 UTC 2009

The Raajavyavahaarakoza is a lexicon of Sanskrit equivalents to (mostly)
Persian administrative terms; it was prepared on Shivaji’s behalf by
Raghunaatha (ca. 1676).

Regards,

Svevo D’Onofrio

Department of Linguistic
and Oriental Studies
University of Bologna (Italy)

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Sven
Sellmer wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

lately I was asked about early translations
into Sanskrit and noticed
that this is quite an interesting question I know
little about. Is
anybody aware of articles or books on this topic? In
particular, I
would be curious to learn about the earliest translations
into
Sanskrit of texts originally composed in languages others than Middle

Indo-Aryan ones (as only these I would consider translations in the
full
sense).

Best wishes,
Sven Sellmer