time to change the tune

victor van Bijlert victorvanbijlert at KPNPLANET.NL
Mon Mar 16 18:53:14 UTC 2009

Some days ago I cautiously attempted the same warning. But instead of
understanding I was met with barking from various sides at my temerity. This
is precisely why a forum or discussionlist needs moderators.
Greetings
Victor van Bijlert

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Indology [mailto:INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk] Namens mkapstei at UCHICAGO.EDU
Verzonden: maandag 16 maart 2009 9:12
Aan: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Onderwerp: time to change the tune

I find the use of the Indology list
by our colleagues in Germany to be
tiresome in the extreme and not
to accord very well with the purposes
for which Indology was established.

If this continues much longer, I, for
one, will withdraw my name from the subscription list.

Perhaps a separate listserve dedicated to
settling scores in Germany should be contemplated,
so that those interested in this will have
their own playpen.

Matthew T. Kapstein
Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies
The University of Chicago Divinity School

Directeur d'études
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, Paris