AW: Language barriers --- financial barriers

Gruenendahl, Reinhold gruenen at SUB.UNI-GOETTINGEN.DE
Tue Mar 10 08:36:52 UTC 2009

On 9 Mar 2009 at 21:09, franco at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE wrote:

> I will try to refresh Dr. Gruenendahl's memory off the list. I am sure

> everybody had enough of this by now.

Apologies to everybody who has had enough of this.

I thank Professor Franco for his kind assistance in refreshing my memory. As
I see it, the significance of the case he referred to offline lies not so
much in my agreement with Walter Slaje (actually I had endorsed his
forwarding of third-party information), but in my perceived disagreement with
Professor Franco, who was not altogether disinterested in the case and its
decision before a German court. I understand that this is the reason why he
would rather not discuss it in public.

So we still are where we were yesterday: I would have to consider Professor
Franco's remark a mere fabrication unless he comes up with evidence that is
presentable to the public, preferably a case in which he had no personal
interest, if that isn't asking too much. It goes without saying that at least
one more example would be needed to get anywhere near the "whenever"-pattern
insinuated in his remark.

Talking about patterns, there is another one that seems all too familiar: "I
have made my point, and now that I have been asked to prove it I am sure
everyone had enough of it."

Reinhold Grünendahl