Publication announcement : on the dating of Kani.ska

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at UCLOUVAIN.BE
Fri Mar 6 08:19:17 UTC 2009

>Looking at the table of contents of
>Bauddhasahityastabakavali, and the article of
>Karl-Heinz GOLZIO
"Zur Datierung des Ku.sa.na-Königs Kani.ska",

it reminds me that I came across a recent
reference on the same subject, which is a
detailed study from the numismatic point of view,
in a periodical (famous for being the oldest
literary one in Europe, founded in 1665 AD and
now published by the French Académie des
Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres) which could have
escape the attention of the Indologists:
BOPEARACHCHI Osmund, "Les premiers souverains
kouchans : chronologie et iconographie
monétaire", in Journal des Savants, Janvier-Juin
2008, pp. ??
(on the author, who had published in 1991 :
Monnaies gréco-bactriennes et indo-grecques,
catalogue raisonné, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmund_Bopearachchi

Best wishes,

Christophe Vielle