Jaipur

Joerg Gengnagel Joerg.Gengnagel at URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE
Thu Jun 25 10:33:12 UTC 2009

Dear Jean Michel,

I have been working in Jaipur for the last few years and managed to
get access to some of the materials of the Library in the City Palace.
But the situation there changes frequently and is quite complex. In
case you read German I would like to draw your attention to a new
study by Monika Boehm-Tettelbach (authors name: Monika Horstmann) on
Savai Jai Singh:

> Horstmann, Monika:
> Der Zusammenhalt der Welt : Religiöse Herrschaftslegitimation und
> Religionspolitik Maharaja Savai Jaisinghs (1700-1743) / Monika
> Horstmann. - Wiesbaden : Harrassowitz, 2009. - 432 S. - (Khoj ; 8)
> ISBN 978-3-447-05840-7
> EUR 78,00

In case you like to get more detailed information I would suggest to
get in touch off list.

Best wishes

Joerg

--
Priv.-Doz. Dr. Jörg Gengnagel
Heidelberg University

South Asia Institute
Modern South Asian Languages and Literatures
Im Neuenheimer Feld 330
D-69120 Heidelberg
phone: +49(0)6221/54-8906
fax:   +49(0)6221/54-8841