What Devanagari text would you most like as an e-text

John William Nemec jwn3y at CMS.MAIL.VIRGINIA.EDU
Fri Jun 5 15:32:33 UTC 2009

Regarding E-texts:

Does anyone know of the existence of an e-text of the Niilamatapuraa.na?

I have begun transcribing the two-volume publication of the text (Motilal
Banarsidass, 1973) of Dr. Ved Kumari while reading through it, but have
temporarily set this work aside in order to complete another project.

I will return to this if, indeed, no e-text of the work yet exists and no
one else is doing the same work.

John Nemec

  Sat, 30 May 2009 20:15:50 -0500
  "Smith, Frederick M" <frederick-smith at UIOWA.EDU> wrote:
> Tantravarttika by Kumarila Bhatta.
>
> All available comms, on Yogasutras.
>
> But, Jonathan and others are right, we do need a single list of what's out
>there.
>
>Fred Smith
>
> On 5/29/09 7:47 AM, "Dominik Wujastyk" <d.wujastyk at UCL.AC.UK> wrote:
>
> In the last decade or two, a substantial amount of Sanskrit literature has
> become available in e-text form.  Veda, Mahabharata, Ramayana, Mahabhasya,
> Astadhyayi, Kasika, Puranas, many Tantras, dharmasastra and jyotisa texts,
> Buddhist literature, much else.
>
> What next?  What text is there in Devanagari script that hasn't been input
> yet, and that you would dearly like to have as an e-text?  I wonder if we
> can put together a prioritized list?
>
> Best,
> Dominik Wujastyk

John Nemec, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Indian Religions and South Asian Studies
Dept. of Religious Studies
University of Virginia
120 Halsey Hall
Charlottesville, VA 22911 (USA)