here, here (was: Re: What Devanagari text would you most like as an e-text_

Paul Kiparsky kiparsky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU
Fri Jun 5 03:13:26 UTC 2009

What about the Deccan College Dictionary?    Imagine having all the
slips online, transcribed and digitized in searchable form with all
the pandits' annotations included.  Last time I was in Pune the slips
were still rotting in the scriptorium.  The publication is taking for
ever, and the printed volumes don't include everything.  It would be
a fantastic resource, and it would rescue the work of some brilliant
scholars over many decades.  I heard there was some plan to scan the
slips, not nearly as useful, but I suppose more realistic.  Does
anyone know what the current state of the project is?

Paul