Book "Deve" of Rgveda selections

Allen W Thrasher athr at LOC.GOV
Thu Jul 30 21:10:06 UTC 2009

Madhav,

I'd appreciate that.  I'd especially like to know if your ed. has any information besides the bare text.

Allen

>>> "Deshpande, Madhav" <mmdesh at UMICH.EDU> 7/30/2009 4:57:04 PM >>>

Hello Allen,

    This "DEVE" collection of mantras is reasonably popular among the Vaidikas and these mantras are used as general blessing.  They have been published in pothi form in old times by Nirnayasagara.  I have a printed copy, though I will have to hunt it down.  Best,

Madhav

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor of Sanskrit and Linguistics
Department of Asian Languages and Cultures
202 South Thayer Street, Suite 6111
The University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104-1608, USA