The "patra" method in Jaina theories of knowledge and argumentation

Himal Trikha himal.trikha at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Mon Jul 20 14:43:28 UTC 2009

Dear Marie-Helene,

the only edition of the PatraparIkSa I am aware of is the following:

Vidyānandasvāmi-viracitā ... Āptaparīkşā Pat­ra­parīkşā ca
Gajādha­ra­lā­la­­jai­­na­­śāstriňā sampādite. (Sa­nātanajainagranthamālā
1). Kāśī 1913.

I have a photocopy of this edition and could send you a scan in August.

I did not read the work so far and therefore would be very much
interested in your studies about the term patra. I don't know anything
about the term except what can be found in secondary descriptions of
VidyAnandins works where patra is referred to as a synonym of hetu.

With best regards

Himal

---
Dr. Himal Trikha
Institute for South Asian, Tibetan and Buddhist Studies
Vienna University
Austria