Aditya Behl on the Clay Sanskrit Library

isabelle onians isabo at CLAYSANSKRITLIBRARY.ORG
Fri Jul 3 11:11:26 UTC 2009

Dear Colleagues,

The TLS review of the CSL is available on the press page of our CSL website:
http://www.claysanskritlibrary.org/press.php.

Aditya Behl's piece (
http://www.claysanskritlibrary.org/press/CSL_TLSReview_200906.php) does not
actually say that the series is being discontinued because of poor sales,
although one can see how that inference might have been drawn from his
adjacent mention of the quarrel between Lakshmi and Sarasvati.

The series has indeed now been closed down, as of June 30 just gone,
although we are still sending a last clutch of new titles to press to appear
on bookshelves in September (
http://www.claysanskritlibrary.org/volumes.php?show=12).

The final list will comprise 56 volumes:
http://www.claysanskritlibrary.org/volumes_current.php.

Yours truly,

Isabelle
(Onians)