Secretary of Arts Petition

jkirk jkirk at SPRO.NET
Sat Jan 10 20:13:15 UTC 2009

I'm completely opposed to this idea of adding to government
bureaucratic interference with the arts.  The National Endowment
on the Arts was quickly politicised and just got worse as time
and presidential appointments to its directorship proceeded.
Keep government out of the arts, period.
Aaaaaaargh.

Joanna Kirkpatrick
Bennington College, retd.

-----Original Message-----
From: Indology [mailto:INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk] On Behalf Of
John C. Huntington
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 12:30 PM
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Subject: Fwd: Secretary of Arts Petition

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Please forgive cross-listing

U.S. members of both lists should please consider signing the
petition,

It is my opinion that this is a major need!

Thank you all

John

John C. Huntington, Professor
(Buddhist Art and Methodologies)
http://history-of-art.osu.edu/3_people/faculty.php
Visit the Huntington Archive At:
<http://huntingtonarchive.osu.edu>
Department of the History of Art
The Ohio State University
Columbus, OH, U.S.A.

Street Address:
108 North Oval Mall
Columbus, OH 43210-1318 U.S.A.

Phone:
(614) 688-8198

Begin forwarded message:

> From: loringr at hotmail.com
> Subject: FW: Secretary of Arts Petition
> Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:10:49 +0000
>

> Dear Friends,
>
> You may already have received this, but it is truly important,
I'm
> passing it along.
>
> Quincy Jones has started a petition to ask President-Elect
Obama to