Nepalese book with feathers on cover

diwakar acharya acharyadiwakar at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 21 05:33:07 UTC 2009

Dear Allen,

I guess these feathers are of the sacrificed birds, certainly of more than one, and most likely from the head or neck. They must be attached there together with a piece of flesh or clots of blood. In Nepal, particularly the KTM valley, one can even find the upper part of a buffalo skull together with horns nailed on the temple-walls of the fierce goddesses or gods. The 'sacred' book of power, being one of the object of devotion, also can receive such offers, I think.

Diwakar Acharya