Nepalese book with feathers on cover

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya2004 at YAHOO.CO.IN
Sat Feb 21 05:14:12 UTC 2009

21 02 09
I could not determine just what type of information has been asked for. Just a cursory glance into Sam Fogg's said mss. images informs one of the As.tasaahasrikaa-Praj;naapaaramitaa and some postures, songs etc., certainly meant for the vajramusic. The usual spelling errors occur. I could be more elaborate but  if my guess about the type of information requested is correct  this will do,I hope,
DB
--- On Sat, 21/2/09, Allen W Thrasher <athr at LOC.GOV> wrote:

From: Allen W Thrasher <athr at LOC.GOV>
Subject: Nepalese book with feathers on cover
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Date: Saturday, 21 February, 2009, 4:27 AM

Someone came round today and showed us a Nepalese thyasapu (contents stotras,
yantras, mantras, medical prescriptions, and 6 or 8 color illustrations looking
more 'Buddhist' in content than the apparently 'Hindu' oriented
text.  No comments on the relations of the two in Nepal, please; that's why
the scare quotes.  Anyway, it had feathers on the cover, rather unattractive
ones to my taste.  I find it hard to believe they are there for aesthetic
reasons.  Sam Fogg in London offers a somewhat ms: <
http://tinyurl.com/ap4xra >.  Does anyone know what this is for?

Allen

Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D.
Senior Reference Librarian
Team Coordinator
South Asia Team, Asian Division
Library of Congress, Jefferson Building 150
101 Independence Ave., S.E.
Washington, DC 20540-4810
tel. 202-707-3732; fax 202-707-1724; athr at loc.gov
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of
Congress.