Seek information about the Dharmalankara

Mrinal Kaul mrinalkaul81 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 19 20:12:25 UTC 2009

Dear Indologists,
                                 I will be really grateful if any of
the scholars could let me have more information about the following;

In his ninth chapter of the Tantraloka (TA), Abhinavagupta seems to be
making a reference to the Buddhist scholars like Dignaga and
Sankaranandana. At least that is what Jayaratha tells us in his
commentary on the TA while citing references from their works. He has
made reference to the works like Traikalyapariksa of Dignaga (I think
even this text in not completely available or even published) and the
Dharmalamkara of Sankaranandana.  Helmut Krasser (2001) does mention
details about Sankaranandana, but nothing much is said about his work
titled the Dharmalankara.  Professor Raffaele Torella told me that Dr
Vincent Eltschinger was preparing an edition of this work based on two
manuscripts; one from Patna and another from China. I would like to
have access to the Sanskrit text of the Dharmalankara. If someone can
share some information with me or get me in touch with Prof Vincent
Eltschinger directly, I shall be really grateful for that.

I thank everyone in advance who may be able to share some information.
Regards.

Mrinal Kaul

*************************
Mrinal Kaul