cognitive sciences and pramaNavAda

Will Tuladhar-Douglas w.t.douglas at ABDN.AC.UK
Wed Aug 19 08:46:05 UTC 2009

Victoria,

See the article by William Waldron -

@article{waldron2002dependent, title={{The dependent arising of a
cognitive unconscious in Buddhism and science}},
   author={Waldron, WS},
   journal={Contemporary Buddhism},
   volume={3},
   number={2},
   pages={141--160},
   year={2002},
   publisher={Routledge}
}
-WBTD.

On 19 Aug 2009, at 09:13, Viktoria Lyssenko wrote:

> Dear members of the List,
> I am trying to formulate with some Russian experts in cognitive
> sciences a joint project on the theories of perception. Does anybody
> know indologists or buddhologists who compared such modern concepts
> as "enactive" (F.Varela), or embodied cognition with Indian theoris
> of perception in a more or less systematical way?
> Thanking you in advance,
> Victoria Lysenko
> Russian Academy of Sciences

Dr. Will Tuladhar-Douglas
Lecturer in the Anthropology of Environment and Religions
Scottish Centre for Himalayan Research
University of Aberdeen				+44 (0)1224 272 274