AW: terminology request

Philipp Maas phmaas at ARCOR.DE
Wed Apr 29 07:35:46 UTC 2009

My first idea concerning a Sanskrit translation of the word scholar is

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Indology [mailto:INDOLOGY at]Im Auftrag von James
> Hartzell
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. April 2009 04:52
> Betreff: terminology request
> Might I ask colleagues what is currently considered best practice Sanskrit
> terms for what in English we refer to as 'a scientist' or 'a
> researcher' in
> the modern academic sense? (understanding that there are many different
> scientific fields, many different types of research).  Or might someone
> refer me to a list of terms in this area?
> James Hartzell
> U. of Manitoba

More information about the INDOLOGY mailing list