Zeitschriften der DMG digital

Lindquist, Steven slindqui at MAIL.SMU.EDU
Sun Apr 19 11:16:34 UTC 2009

While you mention several good points, my assumption is not that "freely making available publications online will decrease the value (and sales) of print versions."  The assumption in my email is only that *certain types* of free distribution of material could do this. The distribution method of this online journal *does* make the material freely available, but only in a particular fashion (i.e., not as PDFs).  In fact, it seems that they are doing precisely what you mention -- trying out a different model to see how it works.

Steven