death of Prof R.M.Sharma and request for contributions to commem. vol.

J L Brockington J.L.Brockington at ED.AC.UK
Mon Sep 15 15:27:37 UTC 2008

Dear Colleagues,

As some of you may already have seen from other sources, Professor Ram
Murti Sharma, the former VC of Sampurnananda Skt University and a
Board member of the International Association of Sanskrit Studies,
died on 14th June.

Recently I received a message from Professor Ram Murti Sharma's son,
Dr Sunil Sharma, from which I quote:
We are planning a COMMEMORATION VOLUME in his honour.  Through this
letter, I wud request ... ... <IASS> members to send a paper on any
theme in Indian and Western Philosophy and Culture including
Sanskritization or any topic in which they specialize by 30th Nov
2008.  However, it wud b better if papers have a global perspective as
his last book, yet to b released, abt which I wud inform, is titled
VEDANTA-EAST AND WEST.  Doesn't matter, if the paper has been
pre-presented elsewhere.  We will like to enrich this volume by
contributions fron IASS members."

In a subsequent message  in which he agreed to my sending this message
to the list, he amplified his remarks on the them as follows:
"Since, his field was VEDANTA, we will more than welcome papers in
VEDANTA but at d same time, let it be left to the scholar for greater
freedom and flexibility. They can send it by 30th Nov,2008 by e-mail
in MS-Word and/or send d hard copy at the undermentioned address of my
office. The language can be English/ Sanskrit/ Hindi.However, we wud
prefer English for a global reach."

Dr Sunil Sharma
Faculty of Management Studies,
University of Delhi,
DELHI-110007.
ssharma at fms.edu

I hope that some of you will be in a position to accede to this
request (and would be pleased to be informed, if you do so).

With all good wishes

John Brockington

Professor J. L. Brockington
Secretary General, International Association of Sanskrit Studies
Asian Studies
7-8 Buccleuch Place
Edinburgh EH8 9LW

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.