Drum Example

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Fri Oct 24 14:43:40 UTC 2008

oh, how interesting!  This thing about beating smeared drums for health
occurs in the Susrutasamhita too, in a section of the Kalpasthana on
curing poisoning that may affect a population as a whole.  The caustic
paste is smeared on drums, banners and doorways in the town.

I mention this briefly in Roots of Ayurveda, 3rd ed., pp.78--9.

--
Dr Dominik Wujastyk
Wellcome Trust Senior Research Fellow