sati

Mahendra Kumar Mishra mkmfolk at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 24 02:53:40 UTC 2008

Recently  one of my book Oral Epics of Kalahandi  is released  in which I
have discussed on three oral epics of  Banjara tribes of India. They are
originally  found in Maharatsra and rajasthan, but they are also found in
Orissa, eastern part of india. I have collected three epics on Sati. Each of
them  are a story with the  golry of  sati.One is RajaIsalu, Another two
are  Ramji Huna Sati. Third one is the epic of Hiro Diwani who finally
became a sati  but with the grace of God  got back their life. It is really
interesting  how in the collective memory of Indian people Sati is still a
myth  and collected to a ritual where  a human sati becomes a goddess.people
build  temple after her.

Mahendra MIshra

--
Dr Mahendra Kumar Mishra
State  Tribal Education Coordinator,

Residential Address:
D-9 Flat  Kalpana Area  Bhubaneswar  751014,India
phone 91+674-2310167(r)
094376-36436(m)