Reality

Tenzin Bob Thurman tbt7 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Oct 15 00:20:16 UTC 2008

Dear Lars,
I would recommend Chapter 24 of Nagarjuna's /Prajna nama
mulamadhyamakakarika/ (sorry for omitting diacritics), where the
Buddhist "two reality theory" is elaborated. There are many other
sources in the Mahayana philosophical literature in Sanskrit on
paramarthasatya and samvrtisatya. Gaudapada and Shankara also took this
framework of more and less real realities and used it to good effect in
their major works.
best
BobT