Compatible Font for Macs and PCs...

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Nov 29 06:54:06 UTC 2008

Dear Mary,

Times Extended Roman works beautifully in Windows machine. I don't know if
it's been ported to Macs yet (see below).

See
http://www.thdl.org/tools/fonts/diafonts.html#timexrom

for an annotated list of other options, including links to where each can be
downloaded.

Converting files in older formats to fully unicode compliant files can be
tricky, not only cross platforms, but even within earlier and later forms of
Mac systems and programs. You may be able to get some hints (and conversion
macros) from Nobumi Iyanaga's website.

http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~n-iyanag/researchTools/researchtoolsindex.html
and
http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~n-iyanag/researchTools/convert_word_diacritical_f.html
(There is a link to the Times Ext Roman font on this page that downloads the
font automatically when you click on the hyperlinked phrase -- so I'm
assuming it is Mac-compatible).

Good luck.

Dan Lusthaus