Matsunami Seiren, Saundarananda edition

Allen W Thrasher athr at LOC.GOV
Wed Nov 12 18:03:23 UTC 2008

Dear Birgit,

LOC has the Saundarananda ed. and trans., which I have requested from
remote storage, and will send you my evaluation (insofar as I can
without knowing Japanese).  We also have the journal you mention, and I
have paged that vol., though it is not clear from the online catalog if
we have that one.

The catalog records for the two titles are (dots represent Kanji):

LC Control No.:       90800890
Type of Material:  Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
Personal Name:     Matsunami, Seiren, 1903-
                   ····, 1903-
Main Title:        Memȳo tanseinaru Nanda / Matsunami Seiren cho ;
[hensh̄u
                      Matsunami Seiren Sensei Ik̄osh̄u Kank̄okai].
                   ········ / ····· ; [··············].
Published/Created: T̄okȳo : Sankib̄o Busshorin, Sh̄owa 56 [1981],
c1980.
                   ·· : ······, ··56 [1981], c1980.
Related Names:     Ásvaghosa. Saundarananda of Ásvaghosa. Japanese &
                      Sanskrit. 1981.
                   Matsunami Seiren Sensei Ik̄osh̄u Kank̄okai.
                   ············.
Subjects:          Nanda--Poetry.
                   Gautama Buddha--Poetry.
LC Classification: PK3791.A7 S2155 1981
Language Code:     jpnsan
Other System No.:  (CStRLIN)DCLP90-B10013
CALL NUMBER:       PK3791.A7 S2155 1981 FT MEADE
                   Copy 1
-- Request in:     Asian Reading Room (Jefferson LJ150) - STORED
OFFSITE

—---------------

LC Control No.:       82643188
Type of Material:  Serial (Periodical, Newspaper, etc.)
Main Title:        Taish̄o Daigaku kenkȳu kiȳo : Bukkȳo Gakubu,
Bungakubu.
                   ········ : ········.
Other Title:       Memoirs of Taisho University
Published/Created: T̄okȳo : Taish̄o Daigaku Shuppanbu,
                  ·· : ·······,
Related Names:     Taish̄o Daigaku.
                   ····.
                   Began in 1954; with issue 39.
Continues:         Taish̄o Daigaku gakuh̄o (DLC)   82643187
Notes:             Description based on: 65; title from cover.
                   English and Japanese.
Indexes:           Author index, v. 1-64 in v. 65.  (Includes index to
Taish̄o
                     Daigaku gakuh̄o under its earlier title).
Acquisition Source:
                   Taish̄o Daigaku Shuppanbu, 20-1, Nishi Sugamo
3-ch̄ome,
                      Toshima-ku, Tokyo
Subjects:          Buddhism--Periodicals.
                   Humanities--Periodicals.
LC Classification: BQ6 .T3
Language Code:     engjpn
Other System No.:  (OCoLC)ocm08426969
Quality Code:      lc
CALL NUMBER:       BQ6 .T3 Japan
                   Set 1
                   Unbound issues have location number 3922.
-- Request in:     Asian Reading Room (Jefferson, LJ150)

You could probably get the book on interlibrary loan via your
university.

Allen

Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D.
Senior Reference Librarian
Team Coordinator
South Asia Team, Asian Division
Library of Congress, Jefferson Building 150
101 Independence Ave., S.E.
Washington, DC 20540-4810
tel. 202-707-3732; fax 202-707-1724; athr at loc.gov
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Library
of Congress.