cha

Jean-Luc Chevillard jean-luc.chevillard at UNIV-PARIS-DIDEROT.FR
Fri May 23 17:10:53 UTC 2008

Since nobody seems to have mentionned it,
it might be useful to state here that
in volume 1 of the
"Catalogue of Jain Manuscripts of the British Library"
(by Nalini Balbir, Kanhaiyalal V. Sheth,
Kalpana K. Sheth and Candrabhal Bh. Tripathi)
[The British Library & The Institute of Jainology, London, 2006]
{ISBN 0 7123 4711 9}
we find on p.16 (Abbreviations) the following mention:

"[x]  the way to represent the cha, a symbol found at the end of
manuscripts."

I hope this is useful

-- Jean-Luc Chevillard (CNRS, Paris)