Vai ṣṇava Līlāmṛta of Mādh ava Paṭṭanāẏaka

Allen W Thrasher athr at LOC.GOV
Tue Mar 25 19:19:40 UTC 2008

If Arlo can only find the reference, but does not have easy access to the journal Jhankara itself, LC has a good run of it and I may be able to supply the article.  The run is at least  v.18-v.47 (1966:Apr.-1996).

Allen

Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D., Senior Reference Librarian
South Asia Team, Asian Division
Library of Congress, Jefferson Building 150
101 Independence Ave., S.E.
Washington, DC 20540-4810
tel. 202-707-3732; fax 202-707-1724; athr at loc.gov
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress.

>>> Arlo Griffiths <arlo.griffiths at LET.LEIDENUNIV.NL> 03/25/08 1:55 PM >>>

As far as I know, there are some grounds to consider this text a
spurious composition of the 20th century. The Oriya article that
demasks the text appeared in the journal Jha?kara (if I remember
well). I could trace this article, if it would be of any use for you.

Arlo Griffiths

On Mar 25, 2008, at 2:35 PM, Horacio Francisco Arganis Juarez wrote:

> Dear Professors.
>  Can you give me some references about the status of Vaishnava
> Lilamrita of Madhav Patnaik from Orissa XVI Century . I shall so
> thanks for you help in this issue.
>  Sincerily
> Prfr. Horacio Francisco Arganis-Juarez Lic. M.A.
>  Researcher from IEFAC, IBCH and U A de C.
>  Saltillo, Coahuila
>  Mexico.
>

> Rasik Vihari Joshi Tripathi <jrasik at COLMEX.MX> escribió:  Thus is
> to announce my new book recently published by Chaukhamba
> Sanskrit Prakashan, Delhi.
> "Satyam" (Universal Truth) Sanskrit Kavya, comprising of five hundred
> three elegant Sanskrit verses with Hindi and English translation.This
> didactic Kavya represents my observations of human life. It is a
> treasure trove of apophthegms in which wise and noble, striking and
> original thoughts appear in poetic garb. It is to attain mind
> tranquil,
> to discriminate virtue and vice, to discover Truth and Divine and to
> imbibe tolerence and brotherhood.
>
> Rasik Vihari Joshi
> Professor of Sanskrit
>

> ---------------------------------
>
> ¡Capacidad ilimitada de almacenamiento en tu correo!
> No te preocupes más por el espacio de tu cuenta con Correo Yahoo!:
> http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/
>
> ---------------------------------
>
> ¡Capacidad ilimitada de almacenamiento en tu correo!
> No te preocupes más por el espacio de tu cuenta con Correo Yahoo!:
> http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/

Arlo Griffiths
Instituut Kern, Universiteit Leiden
Postbus 9515