Rasa

girish jha jhakgirish at YAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 19 16:32:54 UTC 2008

Dear Mr Ranganathan,
In my view any innovative  research work must be based
on the study of original Sanskrit texts with the help
of standard English translations.Some important books
relating to rasa are as follows:
1.Bharatamuni's Natyasastra with the Abhinavabharati
Eng. tr.by M.N.DATT ED. P. Kumar
2.Kavyaprakasa of Mammata Eng.tr. by Dr Ganganath Jha
3.Sahityadarpana of Visvanatha Eng.tr.by P.V.Kane
4.Rasagangadhara of Jagannatha with Balakrida comm.
5.An Aesthetic Experience acc. to Abhinavagupta
by R. Gnoli[Publ.Chowkhamba Skt.Series
Office,Varanasi.
Regards,
Sincerely