Digital Kielhorn

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at UCLOUVAIN.BE
Fri Feb 15 14:36:47 UTC 2008

Sorry for having not mentioned (or reminded) in the discussion the
following three on-going projects of Indological digital libraries at
http://dsal.uchicago.edu/
http://dli.iiit.ac.in/ (searchable but... sometime it is easier to
find there a book through google than through their own search-tool)
http://www.muktabodhalib.org/SECURE/digital_library_index.htm

Christophe Vielle

>Thank you very much, dear Peter Wyzlic, for this very useful list you made.
>
>Some additional notes:
>
>- for Wilson's Mackenzie Collection it is in fact possible to choose
>between the two editions and various exemplars, cf.
>http://books.google.com/books?q=editions:0ZJfTAXwj3ok5Ad8&id=7HUIAAAAQAAJ&hl=de&source=gbs_other_versions_sidebar_s&cad=4
>It could be interested to note these details
>
>- if we take the example of NALA AND DAMAYANTI AND OTHER POEMS
>translated by Henry Hart Milman (which is not in the list):
>http://books.google.com/books?id=vPY0ekwvgzUC
>in this case, it has also been converted into an e-text through the
>Project Gutenberg :
>http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/19529
>http://infomotions.com/etexts/gutenberg/dirs/1/9/5/2/19529/19529.htm
>and is also available in various formats through :
>http://manybooks.net/titles/milmanh1952919529-8.html
>Should these things be mentioned ?
>

>- what about such available .pdf  (which is not really a scanned
>book, but a kind of second edition in electronic form of a
>previously printed book) - do you list them?.
>Ananda Wood, Knowledge before printing and after: The Indian
>Tradition in Changing Kerala
>www.scholarswithoutborders.in/KnowledgeBeforePrinting&After.pdf
>
>- Of course, there is also the case of the pure (free) .pdf
>periodicals such as the NGMCP Newsletter
>
>- do you list also the digital works readable but not downloadable
>that can be found in various electronic library catalogues, such as
>the partial digital copy (vol. 1-6 + 12) of Hortus Malabaricus made
>by the the University Louis Pasteur in Strasbourg  available at
>http://num-scd-ulp.u-strasbg.fr:8080/view/authors/Van_Reede_Tot_Drakestein,_Hendrik_Adriaan.html
>
>with best wishes,
Christophe