help sought to indetify mandukavasanja

veeranarayana Pandurangi veerankp at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 30 14:30:26 UTC 2008

yes. thanks. it seems that SL is mentioning the same.
my passage is मण्डूकवसाञ्जनदुष्टनयनजन्यभ्रमस्य अदुष्टनयनजप्रत्यक्षेणैव
निवृत्तिः। त्वगादिना काठिन्योपलम्भेपयुक्तदोषदुष्टनयनेन वंशोरगदर्शनादिति
भावः। गुरुचन्द्रिका on अद्वैतसिद्धि vol.1. p. 256. and this refers to some
Nyaya texts where it is discussed in detail.
This passage is more or less similar in other texts also.
but I am confused that it is unlikely that a person will aply मण्डूकवसा to
eyes. and this context is mentioning some casual defects in senses. Hence I
though that it maybe a kind of discease.