Muslim widows in India

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Sun Dec 7 11:30:41 UTC 2008

Am 06.12.2008 um 22:14 schrieb Ute Huesken:

> a student asked me for literature on the situation of Muslim women
> in India, compared to Hindu women, specifically on widows.
> Is there any literature out there on that topic?

This year, there came out a big bibliographical work on Muslim women
in India (or rather: South Asia) that may help:

Aftab, Tahera: Inscribing South Asian muslim women : an annotated
bibliography & research guide / by Tahera Aftab. - Leiden ; Boston :
Brill, 2008. - xl, 616 p. - (Handbook of Oriental studies = Handbuch
der Orientalistik. Section 1, The Near and Middle East ; vol. 91). -
ISBN 978-90-04-15849-8 / 90-04-15849-9 (Hardback)

All the best
Peter Wyzlic

--
Institut für Orient- und Asienwissenschaften
Abteilung für Indologie