E-text

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Fri Aug 29 12:00:36 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, den 29.08.2008, 06:43 -0400 schrieb George Cardona:

Concerning: http://www.sankara.iitk.ac.in/

> Dear Dominik, When I went to the site a few moments ago, all I found is a blank page. Perhaps it's because of my using Safari, but I'd welcome clarification from others.  Thanks, George

You may go to the font troubleshooting page that should be readable for
all browsers: http://www.sankara.iitk.ac.in/ifont.htm
There is no hint how to deal with Safari in Mac OS. One solution might
be you download the Devanagari Truetype font (go to "download fonts" and
"Linux users") and try to install. The download link is:
http://www.sankara.iitk.ac.in/ttf/DVYG0ntt.ttf

This website uses so called "dynamic fonts", this is a technology that
came up in the nineties and worked with some versions of some web
browsers but not in others. In my opinion, it becomes more and more
obsolete. They should switch to Unicode encoding which is more
state-of-the-art.

Hope it helps
Peter Wyzlic

--
Abteilung für Indologie
Institut für Orient- und Asienwissenschaften