Spoken Sanskrit

veeranarayana Pandurangi veerankp at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 14 04:01:33 UTC 2008

dear friends,
it is too much imaginative to think that one day non sanskritists will be
butchered. you can ask a typical communal riotist for example whether he has
any distant knowledge of sanskrit or not.  No body of these riotors has sent
his son or dauthter to study the sanskrit, I am sure. But many of these
people make a big announcement on sanskrit, of course. but not the really
related with it.

on the contrary those spreading vilolence etc. have different mottos and the
people spreading sanskrit awareness are from really other backgrounds,
mostly from educational. even many people from other communities (christia
etc) are also involved in this kind of creating awareness, many I know from
kerala itself. The sanskrit education itself is for world peace and not for
violence. those doing this kind of propogation get nothing in return
(monitory or otherwise). they are working on the theme to cultural unitary
identity of india just for there interest and nothing else.

one more interesting fact is even sanskrit universities use the spoken
sanskrit program to educate their first year students (from other
background) in sanskrit in initial days. that makes them free to mingle with
sanskrit students easily and understand the classes.
veera