[Fwd: "Ten pomegranates" in Dharmakirti's Pramanavarttika]

Roy Tsohar rt2036 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Tue Aug 5 02:54:11 UTC 2008

This example is also cited by Abhinavagupta in his Locana to the
Dhvanyaa.loka 1.4, and used for exemplifying the mere grouping of
words without a syntactical connection (anvaya). In this
respect see note 10, page 93 in Ingalls, Masson, and Patwardhan.
The Dhvany*Aloka of *Anandavardhana with the Locana of Abhinavagupta,
Harvard Oriental Series ;. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press,
1990.
Hope it might be helpful,
Best,
Roy Tzohar