privative a with finite verb

George Hart glhart at BERKELEY.EDU
Wed Sep 26 16:28:28 UTC 2007

It may be worth remarking that Dravidian languages (like many other
families) puts the negative into the verb.  It's also notable that
Germanic can put the alpha-privative onto the beginning of the verb
(undo).  I don't know enough about IE to say whether the Sanskrit
phenomenon could be a reflection of either one of these things.
George Hart