Fwd: Temporary closure of the British Library's Asian and African Studies reading room

Allen W Thrasher athr at LOC.GOV
Tue Sep 25 11:48:37 UTC 2007

>>> "Brook, Penny" <Penny.Brook at bl.uk> 9/25/2007 7:25:31 AM >>>

Dear Colleagues

I hope you are all keeping well.

Please note the information below about our brief reading room closure.
I hope that by e-mailing as many people as possible, we can
inconvenience as few people as possible during this period. If you know
of anyone planning research here, I would very much appreciate it if you
would mention the fact that we will be closed for a few days.

Very best wishes
Penny Brook
Head of India Office Records

TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF THE BRITISH LIBRARY'S ASIAN AND AFRICAN STUDIES
READING ROOM, FRIDAY 2 TO MONDAY 5 NOVEMBER 2007

We regret that the Asian and African Studies reading room will be closed
from Friday 2 November to Monday 5 November during essential building
work. Some of the collections normally consulted in the Asian and
African Studies reading room may be accessible in other reading rooms,
but we strongly recommend that you plan your research to avoid these
dates as it will be a reduced service. Asian and African Studies staff
will be on duty in the Rare Books and Music reading room until 5pm to
answer enquiries.

> From the beginning of October, more details will be available on our
website at http://www.bl.uk/services/reading/asiaafricarr.html

We apologise for the inconvenience. The closure period has been kept to
a minimum.

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

The British Library's new interactive Annual Report and Accounts 2006/07 : www.bl.uk/mylibrary