Asoka's "nimsi[dhi]ya

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Thu Oct 11 07:50:15 UTC 2007

Thank you, Lance.  I'd forgotten about Janert's studies, and I'll look at
them.

Bloch appears to be repeating some of Hultzsch's footnote, and these refs.
to Nagarjuni and Kharavela usage go back to Bühler.  It all sound pretty
plausible to me.  Hultzsch knew about this line of interpretation, but
preferred his staircase.

Many thanks again,
Dominik