Sad demise of Pandit Manikya Sastri of Vijayavada

veeranarayana Pandurangi veerankp at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 25 07:12:34 UTC 2007

dear friends,

it is very sad to announce the death of Pandita Manikya Sastri on 9 th may.
He was ninety.

Pandita Manikya Sastri was one of the living legends in the fields of Navya
Nyaya and Advaita Vedanta.

He studied under the Ramabrahma Sastri in Andhrapradesha and taught Navya
Nyaya in his own house for all the life in Vijayavada.

His command on the Krodapatras was highly praised and earned him high repute
of being one of a few authorities on Navya Nyaya.

He was the lauret of Indian President's certificate and honored with
Mahamahopadhyaya title by Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha Tirupati. He
received many traditional awards and title one among them being
"Nyaya-Vedanta Samrat" bestowed by Kanchi Paramacharya.

Apart from all this greatness he was very humble and dedicated to the
propagation of Navya Nyaya.

His vidyavamsa will continue with his innumerable sisyas, whom among I also
count to be one. I studied with him 1995-96 when he was nearly eighty years
old.
veeranarayana
--
V.N.K.Pandurangi