.Rgvedabhaa.syaanukrama.nii?

Arlo Griffiths arlo.griffiths at LET.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Wed Mar 21 16:49:32 UTC 2007

On p. 24 of D.M. Bhattacharyya's posthumously published Kaushik
Lectures (The Fundamental Themes of the Atharvaveda, Poona 1968), I
read:

"In his .Rgvedabhaa.syaanukrama.nii (8.1) Ve:nka.ta Maadhava speaks
of a Paippalaada Sa.mhitaa of 20 Kaa.n.das and a Braahma.na work:
aitareyam asmaakam paippalaadakam atharva.naam. The Prapa;ncah.rdaya
states that the Braahma.na was in eight chapters: tadbraahma.nam
adhyaayaa.s.takam"."

I cannot find a text called .Rgvedabhaa.syaanukrama.nii, but fear I
am making a stupid mistake. Can anybody enlighten me, and provide me
with a reference to an edition? Does anybody have any idea about the
chronological relationship (and any other possible relationship)
between Ve:nka.ta Maadhava and the Prapa;ncah.rdaya? Could either
have copied information from the other?

Many thanks in advance for any help this regard.

Arlo Griffiths
Instituut Kern, Universiteit Leiden
Postbus 9515
2300 RA Leiden, the Netherlands