Aryashura's Jatakamala

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Fri Mar 16 08:50:28 UTC 2007

Am 16.03.2007 um 09:34 schrieb Justin Meiland:

> I am trying to collect together secondary literature on Aryashura's
> Jatakamala.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations?
>
> While I do have an interest in Jatakamalas by other authors and in
> the concept of Jatakamala as a genre (e.g. the work of Michael Hahn
> on Haribhatta and Gopadatta), I am particularly seeking out studies
> on Aryashura. (Works such as Khoroche's notes towards a critical
> edition and Schlingloff's discussion of Ajanta and the Jatakamala
> are already familiar to me.)

Kiyoshi Okano compiled a bibliography of Buddhist narrative and kavya
literature in Sanskrit; this work is online under the URL: http://
homepage3.nifty.com/indology/english-index.html (compiled in 1998)
The base language is Japanese, but should be also useful for those
who don't read Nihon-go.

Hope it helps
Peter Wyzlic

--