Rgvedic recitation

Arlo Griffiths arlo.griffiths at LET.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Thu Mar 8 07:30:34 UTC 2007

In 1997, I was able to obtain a custom-made CD reproduction of the
original album from Smithsonian Folkways. I presume those people must
be online these days and with some luck, you'll be able to order a CD
through the internet. I don't recall it was very expensive.

Best wishes,

Arlo Griffiths

On Mar 8, 2007, at 7:14 AM, Mark Allon wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> The sound tape The Four Vedas, Introduction and notes by J.F.
> Staal, recordings by John Levy and J.F. Staal (ASCH Mankind Series
> Album no. AHM 4126) contains the Sa.mhitaa-paa.tha, Pada-paa.tha,
> Krama-paa.tha, etc., recitation of Rgveda 8.100.11. I used to have
> a copy, but seem to have lost it. Is this or similar material
> available for free download (for teaching purposes)?
>
> Regards
> Mark
>

> Dr Mark Allon
> Department of Indian Subcontinental Studies
> University of Sydney, Australia

Arlo Griffiths
Instituut Kern, Universiteit Leiden
Postbus 9515