converting Arial unicode MS to pdf

Herman Tull hwtull at MSN.COM
Wed Jun 27 17:30:11 UTC 2007

I wonder if anyone can provide expertise on the following: I've written a
fairly large document (2645 kb) in roman and devanagari in Word 2003 (on a
PC), using Baraha software and Arial unicode MS throughout.  When I convert
to .pdf the resulting document retains the devanagari and the roman, but
does not space the devanagari letters properly.  Not all the letters are
off, but a significant fraction appear with the odd spacing (runover
letters, odd blank spaces, off margins).  I am using pdf 995 "printer"
software to carry out the conversion.

Any suggestions on how to improve the .pdf output would be greatly
appreciated.

Herman Tull
Princeton, NJ