Sanskrit Studies

Klaus Karttunen klaus.karttunen at HELSINKI.FI
Mon Jun 4 11:24:33 UTC 2007

"Helsinki Institute" sounds somewhat funny. The Institute is part of
the University of Helsinki. In Italy at least Naples, Florence, Milano
and Venice should be added, probably also Turin and Macerata. In Poland
Sanskrit is actively studied and taught at the universities of Warsaw,
Cracow and Wroclaw. In Russia St.Petersburg is missing. I am not
certain, but I think Oscar Pujol is teaching in Barcelona. Further
possibilities are at least Vilnius and Bucuresti.

What is Indian  School in Oman? The link given opens KALIDASA -
SAMSKRITA - KENDRAM in Kanchi. There is also a Sanskrit Department in
Dhaka in Bangladesh. And Tokyo, of course.

With best wishes,
Klaus

Klaus Karttunen, Ph.D.
Professor of South Asian and Indoeuropean Studies
Institute for Asian and African Studies
PL 59 (Unioninkatu 38 B)
00014 University of Helsinki, FINLAND

Tel +358-(0)9-191 22674