Sanskrit Studies

Alberto Pelissero alberto.pelissero at UNITO.IT
Mon Jun 4 11:43:05 UTC 2007

At present Sanskrit is taught in many Italian Universities. The name of
the subject may vary, from "Sanskrit Language and Literature" to
"Indology". In Milan is taught by Giuliano Boccali (State Univ.) and by
Paolo Magnone (Catholic Univ.). In Venice is taught by Antonio Rigopoulos;
in Bologna by Alex Passi; in Pisa by Saverio Sani; in Rome by Raffaele
Torella; in Naples by Francesco Sferra; in Cagliari by Anna Radicchi and
by Tiziana Pontillo; in Florence by Fabrizia Baldissera; in Palermo by
Agata Sannino Pellegrini. In Turin it is taught as an elementary course by
Alberto Pelissero, Fac. of Humanities, and as an advanced course by
Stefano Piano, same Fac. Sorry if I have forgotten anyone.
With best wishes,
Alberto Pelissero, Ph.D.
Prof. of Sanskrit Language and Literature and of History and civilization
of India
Fac. of Humanities
Dept. of Oriental Studies
University of Torino