A question concerning the proposal to shut down the previous thread

Rosane Rocher rrocher at SAS.UPENN.EDU
Thu Jan 11 14:55:04 UTC 2007

Thanks for the primer on the general conventions of academic debate.

May those who consider themselves in a position
to contribute to a resolution of this and other
complex and contentious issues lay out their
evidence and arguments in fully circumstanced
academic publications rather than in the
ping-pong of an electronic list in which extended
discussion tends to generate more heat than light.

Now back to my own time at place, which, for
today's segment of academic enquiry, happens to be Calcutta, 1802-1806.
A good day to all,

Rosane Rocher