Indology and "the disastrous ideology of the 'pure Aryan race'"

George Thompson gthomgt at COMCAST.NET
Wed Jan 10 19:20:21 UTC 2007

Dear Harry,

I thank you [and Peter Wyzlic] for providing the background to
"Ahnenerbe."   I will defer to those who would  like to see this
discussion end, but first I will answer your question:

 I have read only portions of the book.  I have interest, of course, in
the territory that it covers, but not quite so much interest in or
knowledge of the era.  I prefer to till Vedic soil.

What I have read [passages dealing with Buddhism, Gandhara,
Zoroastrianism, etc.] revealed no evidence of the ideology that this
discussion has been about.  I should add that this volume also has a
veru useful collection of 142 photographs that illustrate the art,
architecture, coinage, of the period, as well as the landscape.

Best wishes,

George Thompson