question: studies of parvan-, parus-, saanu-

Arlo Griffiths arlo.griffiths at LET.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Mon Feb 19 15:20:09 UTC 2007

Karl Hoffmann's article Ved. dh;anu.s- und p;aru.s- (Die Sprache 20
[1974], repr. in Aufsätze zur Indoiranistik I) will be a good start.
See also the article by A. Lubotsky and myself in Die Sprache 42/1-2
(2000-01).

NB: Hoffmann's article is traceable in SARDS2, to which Walter Slaje
just drew our attention, with a keyword search parus.

On Feb 19, 2007, at 2:59 PM, Benjamin Slade wrote:

> Does anyone know of studies which treat the use of _parvan-_,
> _parus-_, and _saanu-_ in Vedic?
>

> thank you,
>   B. Slade
>

> ---------------------------------
>  All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our
> SpamGuard protect you.

Arlo Griffiths
Instituut Kern, Universiteit Leiden
Postbus 9515