Mac-Devanagari

George Hart glhart at BERKELEY.EDU
Sat Dec 15 16:27:32 UTC 2007

The OS X version of Nisus Writer Pro is an extremely good word
processor and works well with unicode (both Devanagari and Tamil are
built-in to Leopard and Tiger).  I think the new Word for Mac coming
out in January may not handle unicode properly -- we'll see.  Nisus
reads and writes Word files and uses rtf as its default format.
TextEdit (which is free and also comes with the OS) also works well
with unicode.  But of course TextEdit won't do footnotes and the
like.  George Hart