AW: Squiggly Underline in Critical Editions

Philipp Maas phmaas at ARCOR.DE
Mon Apr 9 10:07:31 UTC 2007

Dear Colleagues,
the Classical Text Editor written by Stefan Hagel
(http://www.oeaw.ac.at/kvk/cte/) produces three differently designed
squiggly underlines (including a double and a bold one) and the offset of
the lines is freely definable. These are just two out off many features
which make this programme - which unfortunately is not for free - highly
recommendable. You can download a free copy and try it for a period of 30
days.

I have used the programme (and its squiggly underlines) in my edition of the
Paatanjalayoga;saastra's Samaadhipaada (sample pages also at
http://www.oeaw.ac.at/kvk/cte/).

Concerning the question of character definition, I agree with Stefan and
Birgit, I see no necessity to include any form of underlining.

Regards,

Philipp Maas

Dr. Philipp A. Maas
Austrian Academy of Sciences,
Institute for the Cultural and Intellectual History of Asia &
Department of Indology,
Institute for Oriental and Asian Studies, University of Bonn, Germany
Tel. XX49/(0)211/665484