Indological Digital Library

Richard MAHONEY r.mahoney at ICONZ.CO.NZ
Fri Apr 6 06:47:43 UTC 2007

Dear Juergen,

On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 00:50, JN wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> on Wed, 04 Apr 2007 10:46:51 +0200 Dominik Wujastyk <ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK>
> wrote:
> [snip...]
> >  I have a growing personal digital library of valuable books as PDF
> > files.
> [snip...]
>
> is there any platform where scholars could share their pdf-files? I have
> an ever growing library of valuable indological source books in pdf-format
> too. if there was a platform to share such resources, the effort of
> scanning etc. would be reduced and everyone could contribute his or her
> pdfs. and everybody else could share the fruit of the individual effort.

Some tentative progress in this direction is underway.

Please refer to brief details on Repositorium here:

http://indica-et-buddhica.org/

Links to fuller details and screenshots can be found here:

http://indica-et-buddhica.org/sections/repositorium

> but then the question arises: what about copyright laws?

It is absolutely essential that the rights of copyright owners be
respected. Please refer, for example, to the IeB Copyright Policy here:

 http://indica-et-buddhica.org/sections/about-ieb/terms/copyright-policy

> any chance to overcome this problem, anybody concerned with the question
> of a (centralized) indological digital library?

Over the coming weeks Repositorium is being migrated from local
hardware to a bureau. When the system is ready, an announcement will be
made soliciting interest. Initially users will be given the opportunity
jointly to establish an Indological and Buddhological bibliographical
database. In the meantime, please direct all queries to:

 Richard Mahoney <r.mahoney at indica-et-buddhica.org>

Best regards,

 Richard

--
Richard MAHONEY | internet: http://indica-et-buddhica.org/
Littledene      | telephone/telefax (man.): +64 3 312 1699
OXFORD, NZ      | email: r.mahoney at indica-et-buddhica.org