Uha

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Fri Nov 17 11:42:05 UTC 2006

I understood that this was "yukti," rather.  The example you give, of the
seed giving rise to a harvest, is certainly given at Ca.suu.11.23-26 and
32 while describing the pramaa.na "yukti".  The context is that Caraka is
giving examples one by one of how each of the four pramaa.nas may be used
to establish the reality of rebirth.  Yukti here is treated as one of the
pramaa.nas, although the commentators disagree.  Ernst Prets has written
on this.  (And I've translated the passage - which is of real interest -
in my Roots book.)

Dominik