Something wrong with the WSC?

Ferenc Ruzsa ferenc.ruzsa at ELTE.HU
Wed Feb 22 12:18:39 UTC 2006

Friends,

I beg your forgiveness: I know this does not really belong here, but I was
addressed personally, so I cannot avoid answering.

Professor Brockington wrote:
>> 2. It was rejected – no reason given.
>
> This second statement is not accurate.

It is. I quote in full the e-mail I received (06.02):
-------
Dear Dr Ruzsa

We regret to inform you that your Abstract “Is The Cosmic Giant an IE Myth?'
, having been examined by the Chairpersons, is not considered to be suitable
for presentation at the 13thWorld Sanskrit Conference.   We as organisers of
the conference concur in their assessment.

Yours sincerely

Professor John Brockington (Chair)
Paul Dundas (Secretary)
-------
And I noted in my first posting already (directly under the line that Prof.
Brockington referred to above) that
>3. After inquiry for the ground of the decision in e-mail I was told that
>"the subject matter ... was not sufficiently relevant to the concerns of a
>World Sanskrit Conference."

*****
Please, Naiyaayikas of the e-world! I have not received any feedback on my
abstract on Nyaaya (posted 17.02); but it would be quite important for me to
know if it really does not contain any new idea. So please, send me the name
of the relevant book or article that has a similar view on old inference so
that I may update my knowledge. Otherwise (this is a threat) I will write it
in full...

Thank you,
Ferenc Ruzsa